Waumba Land (Pre-K) & UpStreet (Elementary) Environments
What new check-in procedures are going to happen?
The check-in process will be an assisted, touch-less process done by a host team member at free-standing kiosks at the entrance (check-in) areas for Children’s Ministry.
During our Hang-Out Time, students will be encouraged to spread out in our large group room to accommodate physical distancing. Game systems, tables, and other games will be wiped down between uses.
What health precautions will be taken?
Parents are encouraged to take their child’s temperature before coming to Waumba Land or UpStreet. All children, parents, and Dream Team will be offered hand sanitizer before entering their environment. We would encourage only one parent or adult per family to accompany their child(ren) to their environments for check-in and check-out. Anyone is welcome to wear face coverings.
During the time your child is in Waumba Land or UpStreet, children and staff will be encouraged to wash their hands frequently as well as provided with hand sanitizer and wipes as often as needed.
What extra steps are you taking to disinfect and sanitize rooms?
Our team has taken time to revisit all of our cleaning procedures during the time we haven’t been meeting on campus on Sundays.
As a result, we wanted to share our updated cleaning procedures that happen before, during, and after Sunday morning services.
Before Sundays – During the week, each environment is cleaned by a staff person with the following cleaning procedures listed below:
- Disinfect all counters and check-in kiosk countertops
- Disinfect all flat surfaces including trash cans, door knobs, cabinet handles, light switches
On Sundays – On Sunday mornings the procedures our Dream Team and staff follow are listed below. All cleaning procedures are carried out after each service is over to ensure all items are sanitized. They are also carried out during service on an as needed basis.
Dream Team Wash and Sanitize their hands…
- Before entering and leaving Waumba Land or UpStreet.
- Before and after changing a diaper or helping a child in the restroom.
- After wiping or blowing noses.
Toy-Cleaning Procedure (Waumba Land Only)
- Remove all soft toys that cannot be cleaned.
- After each service hour clean all toys and surfaces with appropriate cleaner, wipe clean with paper towels, and air-dry.
- Any toys that are placed in a child’s mouth will be immediately and thoroughly cleaned.
How have maximum room capacities and ratios changed?
Environment ratios and room occupancy will be posted at the entrance of each room.
Will my child be in the same room and with the same small group leader?
We will keep age groups together as much as possible, and, as leaders and children return, we hope to reconnect our more normal groups.